These owls make for the perfect appliqué on your next quilting or crafting project. We placed them on this pillow and are absolutely in love. Download the full PDF for quick access here.
»» Die Cutting Machine
»» Cotton Fabric
»» A1051 Fab Die Set
»» Polyester Fiber-Fill
»» Measuring Tape
»» Fusible Web
»» Sewing Machine
»» Thread to Coordinate or Match with Your Selected Fabric
1. Select and cut your fabrics Refer to the chart below for fabric and fusible web needs. Cut your fabric and fusible web to roughly the size of the die. Place the flat side of the die on the white base plate and your fabric/fusible web layers on top of the die. Put the metal plate on top of your fabric and sandwich it all together with the clear-cutting plate. Adjust the roller width on your die cutting machine as needed and roll the plate through the machine twice (forward and back one time each).
• Select the fabric you will be using for your pillow base and cut two 15 1/2” x 20 1/2” rectangles.
2. Iron and sew your appliqué. Arrange and layer your owls to your desire on the front side of one of the rectangles you cut. Iron for ten seconds on medium heat to activate your fusible web. Secure your appliqué shapes using a small zig zag stitch around the edges.
3. Sew Pillow. Place the two rectangles with the faces of the fabric together. Sew around the edges leaving about a 4 inch opening so you can turn your fabric right side out.
4. Fill and Finish! Turn your pillow right side out then stuff your pillow with polyester fiber-fill to your desire. Pin the opening closed and ladder stitch shut to finish.
I would love to see your latest creations and hear any ideas you may have for my next project or tutorial. Share your pillows and other ideas with me online!
Enjoy your latest project!